Education MIAMI UNIVERSITY, Oxford, OH
Bachelor of Arts in Professional Writing, English
Concentration: Digital and Technical Communication
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Concentration: Social Psychology
Minor: Interactive Media Studies
Member of the Miami University Honors Program
Expected graduation date May 2014
Skills: Adobe Photoshop, Prezi, Adobe InDesign, Wordpress, iMovie, Dreamweaver, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
Career Related Experience
Technical Writing Intern: London Computer Systems (May 2013-August 2013)
• Update the user guide and knowledgebase for rent management software.
• Create presentation materials for the user conference utilizing Prezi.
Student Writer: The Miami Quarterly (December 2012-present)
• Student writer for the Miami Quarterly, a student run magazine with the mission of being entertaining, as well as informative, releasing four issues a year.
• Participate in meetings, magazine preparation, and writing stories.
• Develop, create, and interview sources for human-interest stories in the sports section.
Web Designer: Honors Journalism 201: Reporting and News Writing (Fall 2012)
• Performed as web designer for a student run 2012 Presidential election website
• Created the WordPress site and updated it frequently
• WordPress site served as a voting guide for Miami student audience, posts written for students by students
Blogger: English 224 Digital Writing and Rhetoric: Composing with Text, Images, and Sound (Fall 2012)
• Practiced Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, as well as iMovie, Audacity, and Garage Band.
• Managed a blog and created print, video, and sound advertisements for the organization, Opening Minds through Art.
Study Abroad Miami University Literary London (May-June 2012)
• Studied abroad in London, England for six weeks, studying the Tudors and Shakespeare
Volunteer and Leader Opening Minds through Art (August- December 2011, August -December 2012)
• As a volunteer, worked a nursing home resident with dementia, doing artwork designed for people with the disease.
• As a leader, was in charge of forty volunteers for two nursing home sites, taking an administrative role, devoting around ten hours a week to the organization.
Research Assistant (July 2012-February 2012) Miami University, Oxford, OH
Department of Psychology, Dr. Elizabeth Kiel’s Behavior, Emotion and Relationships Lab
• Participated in data input, using Excel, and performed studies involving children of ages ranging from 1-4 and their parents.
Assistant Coach (June 2011-May 2013) Goggin Ice Center, Oxford, OH Oxford Skating Club Pre-Juvenile team
• Assist in coaching a skating team of sixteen skaters, ages ranging from 7-16, instructing twice a week, travelling to competitions, and communicating with family and board members.
• Skated on Team USA with Miami University Junior Varsity Synchronized Skating Team (2010-2011).
• Currently skates with Miami University Open Collegiate club skating team (2011-present), serving as captain.
Alpha Phi Omega (Fall 2011-present) Active member of Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity
• Serves the school and community in at least twenty hours of service a semester.